Ann Levesque is an experienced pelvic floor physical therapist who has been in clinical practice for over 35 years.
Ann received her degree at University of Lowell (now University of Massachusetts Lowell). She initially treated patients with women's health, prenatal, postpartum, and orthopedic issues. This led her to further study pelvic floor dysfunction, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urinary retention, and pelvic pain in both women and men. She has been in private practice for since 2001, primarily treating patients with pelvic floor dysfunction.
She has certification in the following areas:
• Neuromuscular Therapy–Manual techniques to release myofascial (muscle and connective tissue) trigger points (tight, tender points), release nerve tension, increase circulation, and decrease pain.
• Maya Abdominal Massage–Abdominal massage that can relieve painful periods, fertility issues, prolapse, and bladder or bowel dysfunction. These techniques are thought to re-balance the muscles and organs.
• PORi Oncology Rehabilitation. 2017, Manual Techniques to alleviate physiological side effects of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and adjuvant therapies, with the goal of restoring function.
• IIN -Institute of Integrative Nutrition. 2018
IIN Advanced Certification in Gut Health 2019
IIN Advanced Certification in Hormonal Health 2020
Eligible for Eden Energy Medicine Certification in 2021
She is a member of several professional societies, including:
• American Urogynecology Society
• International Pelvic Pain Society